Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The shire has my dog and they are accusing him of killing a…

Customer Question
The shire has my...

The shire has my dog and they are accusing him of killing a sheep they have had him for 21 days what are the laws regarding me getting him back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

What do you mean?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/30/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

What evidence do they have?

Have you been sent a fine?

They have a witness that’s it. They said the dogs are going to court. Will my dog get destroyed? It wasn’t him he wouldn’t hurt a fly it was my partners dog

Good Evening

Have you seen the witness statement?

No

When is the court date?

What section and act are they relying on?

I’m not sure they haven’t told me. Court is in two weeks

Good Afternoon

You have to get a solicitor in Victoria to assist you with this.

The solicitor can reques the information and work out the best way to deal with this.

If the evidence is too strong against the dog and they believe it is a dangerous dog they will destroy it

Here is the information about the laws in victoria

https://www.victorialawfoundation.org.au/dangerous-dogs-and-dog-attacks

You can fight this but you need the information from Council and the Solicitor should be able to get it.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards