Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had fullcoustady of my 3 children now for 7 yrs only…

Customer Question
I have had fullcoustady...

I have had fullcoustady of my 3 children now for 7 yrs only child is a minor . I have a Federal court oder in place from the Melbourne Federal court stating i have full custody until my daughter is 18 i received a letter yesterday stating that the biological mother now wants mediation due to concerns of well being and safety as we have relocated from Victoria back to family in Qld there threating that if i dont attend there will be repacutions and a lengthy court hearing and expenses to me if contacted my Barrister but he is currently on leave do i Have to attend the meeting date in Victoria that there asking for

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Victoria family court?

There is a federal order in place since 2011 and until my daughter is 18yrd old Dhc in Victoria brought a case against my ex due to drug addiction an welfare and was ordered to complete drug achoal an mental health courses which to date haven't been done and shes made no contact until Xmas 2017 an my daughter doesn't want to go thru it again as shes made no effort till now

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No my Barrister is on leave ..i dnt no how they can make do this when the judge clearly said because she made no attempt to even attend court 7 no shows back in 2011

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/30/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Unless it is an order mediation by the court, you do not need to attend. However, it might be a good idea to attend the mediation to see what claim your former partner is trying to raise.

As you are the main carer of the children and there has been no issue of the care for them, it is very unlikely that there will be orders by the court to change the current status, unless there is a serious issues in relation to the best interest of the children, which has to be proved.

You have a legal right to protect your interests in this situation and the children.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information please let me know and I will be pleased to assist.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.