Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What do you when your partner wants to leave you. NSW. We…

Customer Question
What do you when...

What do you when your partner wants to leave you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

We are both at home, our kids are over 18, my wife wants to leaveand is making things very uncomfortable. There is no violence or anything like that. Do we do a trial separation, I do not want to leave the family home as I still love her and want to continue trying.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I am an open book. She just wants it to be over.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/29/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.
Financial separation is the next step, but you can also try meditation first with relationships Australia.Does this answer your important question today ?
If you need any further information please let me know and I will be pleased to assist.You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.
Ok John....are you doing this now, or later.
I will prepare some more details for you and send to you this morning to help you further
Where the relationship has broken down, there are a couple of steps that may be taken. If not done so already, mediation can be used to consider reconciliation through relationships Australia. If that does not achieve an outcome the next step is to consider starting the formal process of financial separation.Financial separation involves having all the assets total into a pool, and then a division is decided upon who gets what percent, for example you may get 70% and your partner 30%. In determining the percentage split all factors are taken into account which include direct and indirect contributions.The aim should be to settle the financial aspect amicably with processing the matter in court.Separation can occur under one roof, which means you do not need to leave the family home.