Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Would like to know the process of appealing a drug driving…

Customer Question
Would like to know...

Would like to know the process of appealing a drug driving charge which pleaded guilty to which was a 1st time offence due to drug driving but somehow was charged and convicted of the offence as a third time offender which was incorrect so was handed the mandatory charges of 12 months disqualification and a $500 minimal fine what are the possibilities of an appeal and how would i need to go about lodging it and is there a specific time frame to lodge it by

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I havent as yet as i have been trying to find out information on how to go about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats all i can think of right now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/29/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.
When was the hearing date, as there is a strict time limit to apply for an appeal.