Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have just been told by my property manager that she has…

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been told by my property manager that she has resigned the current tenants for a further 6 months. We had no knowledge of this and when questioned she said they were having trouble with emails? what are hers/ours legal obligations regarding this. many thanks, Karen

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have queried this and said this was done without our permission or knowledge. she used the emaoil excuse and has not mentioned it again even though I have queried it....other than the fact that the emails have been playing up.... we have not sighted or signed any paperwork. When I asked how could this go ahead without our knowledge she said she went ahead as our Property manager....our representative

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing except do I have to pay for any of this advice?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/29/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good afternoon, I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney and will be looking after your question today
They should have spoken with you about it and obtained your
instructions about the rent etc. The email is no excuse she has failed in her duty