Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got a time share with wyndham resorts. I paid for it in…

I got a...

I got a time share with wyndham resorts. I paid for it in full . I decided that I did not want it as i found i had health issues that would prevent me from using the contract. Sent in my cooling off document. But the agency won't tell me if I was in time or not. I sent it in time but. They tell me I need documentation for my health. I feel if i am in the cooling off phase, money should be returned. Dont know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just sent a certified letter and email letters with their finance. It was only through sending the form in that i received any communication with them. I since have heard from sales personal asking to set up vacations. Am leary about talking to a rep on phone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess I just need to know if it's easier bringing in a solicitor thank you

3/29/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Can you confirm there was a cooling off and you terminated in writing within that period?

Do you have evidence of this?

I sent the cooling off statement and know the dates but do not know when they received it as it was over a week later before they replied. Regardless though would like to get out at this stage

How did you send it?

I would rather not. If I pay for a solicitor, would like to talk face to face. Thought this would provide me with some general information

Good Afternoon

I am trying to do that but I need to know how you sent the notice of termination under the cooling off and how many days before it expired?

I sent the day before it was due. And by post. There was no other way at that stage. I've already let them know that I would pay a fee or whatever but they have not responded to whether I was in the time frame or not . That was my main question to them. If i wasnt then I could work with that and maybe with them and come up with another alternative.
I have set up a meeting with a woman I have been corresponding with.I don't think I need to let them know what my health issues are

How did you let them know and do you have any details of who you spoke to.

You do not have to tell them your health issue.

You advise they had knowledge of the termination during the cooling of and you sent it to them.

You deem they are bound and you want your money back.

You exercised your rights and confirmed it by post sending the notice.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you