Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I purchased a Hisense television in November 2017 .which has

Customer Question

I purchased a Hisense television in November 2017 .which has developed lines running up and down ,after contacting Good Guys ,then Hisense themselves ,they say it is damaged a d NO WARRANTY,as tv has been on top of a set of drawers ,cant think how it was damaged .It still works but lines are annoying ,do I have any rightz.Thank you
JA: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Been in touch with Good Guys at Cranbourne,they got in touch with Hisense ,since then I have rang Hisense and sent them emails
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ,just not happy with outcome as /
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

How did it develop the lines?

Did they offer any explantion of what could have caused it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont know ,just turned it on and they appeared .No explanation only that it is damaged,I had to send photos of the screen
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cant spend the extra money on call
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon

If you have not done anything to the set, are I suggest that you deny the allegations, and rely on your version of events.

The TV is covered by the statutory warranties and advise that of they do not repair or replace it you will take the matter to VCAT.

Here is the law as it applies in all of australia

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

They cannot simply assume you damaged it. It may be an electrical fault in the computer etc.

You stand by your version and seek they repair or replace or refund and take them to VCAT

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards