Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I break up with my kids father just before Christmas. He has…

Customer Question
I break up with...

I break up with my kids father just before Christmas. He has a new girlfriend and she is saying that I can’t look after the kids but if that was the case I wouldn’t have them in my 100% my care. Might I just need she has her own kids but not in her care at all. So I’m very worried about the kids going near her. And the father don’t make any effort to come see the kids. I guess my question is what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have made any steps yet. No not as yet, I wondering if I could stop her from being near the kids?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NSW

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/28/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

I assume that you have not had any mediation or any court orders.

Until now what was the arrangement for the children?