Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The drivers of this bus company received a GOVT pay rise…

Customer Question
The drivers of this bus...
The drivers of this bus company received a GOVT pay rise starting on July1 2015. I left the company 26 August 2016. The drivers got their rise and it was back payed to 2015. When I approached the area manager about my back pay he said, Because I was not part of staff when the company registered their Enterprise Bargain Agreement I was not entitled to the money. My question is why were the drivers back payed to July 2015 when I was part of staff
the way I see it I am entitled to the rise until 26 August 2016. Please advise me as to if I have a legal right or not.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Thank you, ***** ***** want I can send you specifics when you reply.

Based on the facts that you have raised, you are entitle to be back paid to 2015 when you were working for the company, The only way to raise this claim is to bring the matter into the Federal Circuit Court for unpaid wages.

This process you can run by yourself but it is recommended that you seek the assistance of a lawyer for the statement if claim.

To start the action with the court you need to use the initiating application form, m which you can get off the courts website, forms section.

You have legal rights to protect yourself in this matter.

Does this answer your important question today ?

If you need any further information please let me know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.