Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hy m asking my marrige took place in pakistn and git dvrce…

Hy m asking my...

Hy m asking my marrige took place in pakistn and git dvrce certfcte frm pkaistan as well no if ibwant to remarry again should i need towait for australun dvrce

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Pakistani lawyer about this?

In order to sponsor my husbnd to austrlia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am seprted frm my hsbnd since 7 mnths got pakistni dvrce certfcte

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just asking if i remary again bfrr austrain 12 mnths of separtion tym on the basis of my paksitani dvrce is it ok or illegal

3/28/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good evening

You need the divorce papers from pakistan to be married here as evidence your marriage is over.

You do not need to get an australian divorce. You have the pakistani one and that is enough.

You can remarry here.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

I want to remarry frm pkaistan again and then i have to sponsor my husbnd frm there
for immigration point of view m asking does immigrtn hve isue or is ther anythng illegal bcz m under separtion period in australia

Good Evening

Are you an australian permanent resident?

If not you cannot sponsor him.

If you had sponsored your first husband you cannot sponsor the new one for 5 years

M resdent here and i was sponsored here my hsubnd did me not me

If you are not a permanent resident you cannot sponsor anyone.

If you are a temporary resident you will be deported when they find out you are divorced.

If you have not sponsored anyone before and you are a permanent resident then you can sponsor the new husband

M going to sponsor my new husbnd frst tym i havnt spospnsrd anyone bfre so plz clarify me if i will remey in oakistan is tht okay unders australian lawa can u give me anythng in writngs so tht i hav a oroof of consuktancy plz m single mum not on job and cant affrd any big amount plz help

If you marry in pakistan you can apply there for the visa to bring him here

But he has to wait there until the visa is approved before he can come over.

Main worry and my question is if i remarry wd the proof of paksitni dvrce certfcte in immgration fr the sponsorship process is tht ok or do they gnna say its illegal to secnd marge in australia
But u r not geetng my point m permant resident also abt to citzn but shiuld i need to wait 12 mnths bfre 2nd marriage or my pakistani dvrce certfcte will be enough
Thts basicaly my point tht immigrtion may reject his visa plz guide me tht overseas certfcte will be enough or as if i was sponsored by him here so under australun law we were married
Should i need to submit my paksitani fvrce certfcte here plz help m not satdfied
U there plz answer my question regardng immigrtn point of view plz
M not satisfied very stressed plz help
M waitng fr ur response really m not satsfied wd ur answer
Not happy wd ths service sorry

I am having difficulty reading what you are saying.

What I have told you is based on you being a permanent resident and already having a divorce.

can you tell me yes or no to the above.

Are you a permanent resident?

Are you already divorced?

M permanent resident and m divrced frm paksitan along wd the legal certificate of divrce from pakistan
But my australin divirce is not done yet its 7 mnths of separtion as if i got married in paksitan and got dvrce frm there
m asking should i need to wait to remarry in pakistan bfre australin divorce finalize or my pakstano divorce will be enough in order to sponsor my hsbnd

The divorce from pakistan is acceptable to Immigration to prove your marriage is disolved and you are free to marry

You do not need an australian divorce

The pakistani divorce is acceptable as proof and recognised by the Australian authorities.

You do not have to get a divorce in each country.

One is enough.

If you are legally divorced in pakistan you are divorced in australia

can i cnsider ur advise safe from australian legal point of view

Good Evening

Yes

it is based on Australian Law.

Regards

Can u send me in written so tht i have a proof tht i had cnsulted wd a solicitor in ths case

I cannot send it to you

You should be able to print it out.

Can u send me on the letter head fr the safest side plz

Good evening

I am not allowed to do that

I am sorry I can only give you the information on here.

It is part of my agreement with Justanswer.

Or fr the proof how can i tell australian gvt tht my dvrce has happend
Or can i also apply fr australian divirce on octber fr safest side

You have to provide the divorce certificate from pakistan and a translation from an official

That is how you prove it.

Just telling them is not good enough.

If you wish to apply for an Australian Divorce you can as well but you will have to wait to marry if you will rely on the Australian Divorce.

whe r i can submit my dvrce certfcte so tht they may know m divorced now
Just guide me where i have to send tht dvrce certfcte plz

Good Evening

You submit it to show you are divorced when the visa is applied for

Ok dnt have to do anythng else brother m very worried so if i will rely on ur reponse is it allsafe
i dnt need to apply australian dvrce u mean as if i have overseas dvrce

You dont have to do anything now.

That is correct.

You do not need an Australian Divorce.

The pakistan divorce is enough.

Leon, Solicitor