Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If a case is not closed but a judge meant of 56 thousand to…

Customer Question
If a case is...

If a case is not closed but a judge meant of 56 thousand to be paid can that case of fees be disputed and case to be opened

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

United Kingdom

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Case not closed but ten year later they want the fees to be paid as it was never disputed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the case be disputed

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/28/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

I am not sure what you are asking?

Has the court made final orders?

Bet the fees was not disputed

Has the court made a cost order?

What does the order actually say and when was it made?

put a charge on my home
Now ten years later they want to sell my house in order to pay 56 thousand for fees,
But I never got the chance to dispute the fees and also they added interest
They was sending the paperwork to wrong address dispite they had the right one all along I lived at the address they put a charge on, but was send documents to 471 new cross road

If the order says you have to pay the costs you have no choice.

The case is closed when the order was made.

If it was 10 years ago then you have lost your right of appeal.

This should have been dealt with at the time.

When the court is going to make costs orders each party makes submissions and the court then decides.

Making a mistake with the address does not change the fact the money is owed.

Have you tried speaking to the other side to see if they will negotiate an amount in lieu of the order?

Wow
So your saying if they made sent paperwork to the wrong address about going to court to dispute the fees it my problem
If am not at that address how am I to know???
How am I to defend ???
The solicitor I had decided to close up shop because she didn’t want to pay indemnity fees

Good Evening

My apology.

I thought you meant they were sending letters of demand

Your issue is the time frame

How long ago was that?

At the last minute
And trying to find a solicitor at the last minute was a joke, she was a ligitation solicitor or a family lawyer
She was a convencing solicitor property buy and sell solicitor, got paid and close up shop
Leaving me high and dry!
10 years ago
Can I sue hear for neglect!
Order here firm to pay the cost as she was insured at that time!

You are out of time for both appealing the judgment and also suing her.

You have 6 years to bring an action for negligence.

If you were aware of the order before now, the courts will not even allow you the right to seek to file out of time.

Your only option is to try and negotiate a settlement to pay less.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

I was suffering from a break down
I shut myself out because of all the unhelpful people around because it all about them taking money and no help so instead of killing my self and leaving 4 young children, I only mechanically thing in my mind was to closed doors in my head which was not the thing to do!
Because look where it got me now!!
Mental health at those times was not recognised!
Want to kill yourselves nobody to help so you shut yourself away !

Good Evening

Have you spoken to the other side to try and negotiate a reduction in what they want?

No not yet
It stand at 56 with the interest
This client speak English they added interpretation fees
This client has a husband and a car they added transportation fees
The system is built for lies

You can negotiate all this. But you have to see what you can afford to pay.

Start low and work your way up to what you can afford.

What do you suggest!

I would try offering less than half to start

if the same solicitor accountant that is not regulated took money and has not paid it back
Can I take the accountant to court

Good Morning

I am not sure what you mean.