How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 47882
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a case is not closed but a judge meant of 56 thousand to

Customer Question

If a case is not closed but a judge meant of 56 thousand to be paid can that case of fees be disputed and case to be opened
JA: What state/territory is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Case not closed but ten year later they want the fees to be paid as it was never disputed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can the case be disputed
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening

I am not sure what you are asking?

Has the court made final orders?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bet the fees was not disputed
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Has the court made a cost order?

What does the order actually say and when was it made?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
put a charge on my home
Now ten years later they want to sell my house in order to pay 56 thousand for fees,
But I never got the chance to dispute the fees and also they added interest
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They was sending the paperwork to wrong address dispite they had the right one all along I lived at the address they put a charge on, but was send documents to 471 new cross road
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

If the order says you have to pay the costs you have no choice.

The case is closed when the order was made.

If it was 10 years ago then you have lost your right of appeal.

This should have been dealt with at the time.

When the court is going to make costs orders each party makes submissions and the court then decides.

Making a mistake with the address does not change the fact the money is owed.

Have you tried speaking to the other side to see if they will negotiate an amount in lieu of the order?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So your saying if they made sent paperwork to the wrong address about going to court to dispute the fees it my problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If am not at that address how am I to know???
How am I to defend ???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The solicitor I had decided to close up shop because she didn’t want to pay indemnity fees
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening

My apology.

I thought you meant they were sending letters of demand

Your issue is the time frame

How long ago was that?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At the last minute
And trying to find a solicitor at the last minute was a joke, she was a ligitation solicitor or a family lawyer
She was a convencing solicitor property buy and sell solicitor, got paid and close up shop
Leaving me high and dry!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
10 years ago
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I sue hear for neglect!
Order here firm to pay the cost as she was insured at that time!
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

You are out of time for both appealing the judgment and also suing her.

You have 6 years to bring an action for negligence.

If you were aware of the order before now, the courts will not even allow you the right to seek to file out of time.

Your only option is to try and negotiate a settlement to pay less.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.



Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was suffering from a break down
I shut myself out because of all the unhelpful people around because it all about them taking money and no help so instead of killing my self and leaving 4 young children, I only mechanically thing in my mind was to closed doors in my head which was not the thing to do!
Because look where it got me now!!
Mental health at those times was not recognised!
Want to kill yourselves nobody to help so you shut yourself away !
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening

Have you spoken to the other side to try and negotiate a reduction in what they want?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not yet
It stand at 56 with the interest
This client speak English they added interpretation fees
This client has a husband and a car they added transportation fees
The system is built for lies
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

You can negotiate all this. But you have to see what you can afford to pay.

Start low and work your way up to what you can afford.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you suggest!
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

I would try offering less than half to start

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if the same solicitor accountant that is not regulated took money and has not paid it back
Can I take the accountant to court
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning

I am not sure what you mean.