Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work in disability the car they provided had no spare

Customer Question
I work in disability...

I work in disability the car they provided had no spare tyre, when I had a flat tyre with a agitated autisc young man; my phone was flat and I used my best judgement when a man offered us a lift to the customers house 3 km away I decided that was my duty of care to take the customer in his car. I have been suspended from my work but the work car had been unroadworthy for over 3 weeks with bad Tyers and no spare replaced from when I had changed it previously and reported to the team leader: feeling very stressed as 3 days earlier this customer had thrown an air freshener can lacartrating my lip which I also while on shift phoned the o call the Teamleader manager but still didn’t come to help had to wait for an agency worker to arrive before I could leave this agency Worker had no induction never met the customer: I then went to the doctor and got glued up 2 days off then went back to work as my Teamleader had requested but really I should have gone back to the doctor. Just got suspended by. CARA HR lady

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Phoned the work SA put in a claim back to doctor tomorrow but feel really vulnerable regarding unfair dismissal

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Not sure I will enquire in regards ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think I’ve covered my concerns

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

What are they saying you breached?

I didn’t have a phone to call help so I breached my duty of care by hoping in a strangers car with customer 3 km to go to customers house. But I was in an unsafe vehicle

Good Evening

I understand.

Do you have the policy and does it make it clear about the phone?