Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I engaged a resume service to assist with a job hunt in QLD.

Customer Question
I engaged a resume...

I engaged a resume service to assist with a job hunt in QLD. The service has not provided all the points listed in the quote and others has provided but they do not meet my satisfaction. In the original quote/invoice it says "Unlimited changes and alterations until 100% client satisfaction" what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?

No as the cv writer is in Victoria i just moved up here myself at Christmas from Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Ive been trying back and forth to get her to provide the services Ive paid for. but everytime I even mention Im not happy, this lady either gets aggressive or makes an excuse. its been Labour Day weekend, its been sons birthday, its been partner doing gardening every time i try to lock her down to a time frame, she either gets nasty or avoids me. then misses the deadline

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

If they are not meeting the agreement and have not provided the service they promised you have a right to get a refund.

The following link is the consumer laws that protect you

https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations#consumer-guarantees-applying-to-services

They have to give you a refund if they have not provided the service.

You have to show you have notified them and they have still failed.

You can sue them in QCAT even though they are in Victoria. The law applies australia wide.

Staring in QLD you force them to come to you.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards