Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Work place investigation discussed with staff and staff

Work place investigation discussed...

Work place investigation discussed with staff and staff member that investigation is about wasn't told due to been off work but they found out while off by other staff members being told is this slander sorry don't want it to sound petty reputation is now effected.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager and staff were interview and told to keep it confidential but it wasn't

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salaried and person that is being investigated doesn't yet know what it is about but now knows due to a manager discussing it with all

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can anything be done i really don't know thank you

3/27/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

There is no slander anymore.

It is defamation.

It only applies if what third parties are being told is untrue and it has a negative effect on the person it is about.

So if the information that has been passed around is not true you can then sue in defamation.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
iv have sent another message but can i call you tomorrow.

Good Evening

Ok I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

leon