Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can it be considered workplace herassment or bullying if a…

Customer Question
Can it be considered...

Can it be considered workplace herassment or bullying if a parent company puts your name forward for a promotion but the subsidiary company makes unfounded accusations to try to scuttle the promotion?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can ignoring the employee be a form of harassment?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

If the accusations are false this is defamation.

If you can get evidence of what was said you can sue the parties that made them.

Do you know what was said and by whom?

I was accused of calling a senior member of the board a liar when using the term "I find that hard to believe" and embarrassing the board by applying and being accepted to a national education Assessor certification with out notify the Board as to my intentions.

Good Afternoon

As I said this is defamation and it has cost you the promotion

You have to have a letter sent tot he person that said it and seek a full retraction and apology.

if the promotion is no linger available you have a right to sue for the losses suffered. For that you will need a solicitor

If you can get the member of the board to conform you did not say what you are accused of this will be even better for your case.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards