Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We lost power here in the 26012018. It was off for 18hrs. I…

Customer Question
We lost power here...

We lost power here in the 26012018. It was off for 18hrs. I put in a claim form to the power company. They have said it wasn't their fault. Oice jyst received another letter from them, saying it was only a momentary interruption. What as i supposed to do. I lost over $600 worth of food.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sent claim forms. That got rejected. Spoke to them over the phone. That's when i got this next letter, saying it was only a momentary interruption. I think 18hrs is a bit longer then momentary.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Do you know what caused the blackout?

Ok

Have they given you any indication as to what caused the blackout?

I thought ombudsmen were free.
Unplanned outage

We are not the ombudsman.

I am a solicitor and I ma her to provide you with information to assist you with your question.

I can arrange you get a refund

Let me know what you wish to do.

I went on here because it said this was to an ombudsmen. I just need to know what to do about this situation.
I think I'll try again. To try and get to get onto a ombudsmen.

I will request you get a refund,

All the best and good luck

Regards

Thankyou

You are welcome