Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to find a lawyer on the Gold Coast that can…

Good Morning , I...

Good Morning , I would like to find a lawyer on the Gold Coast that can assist us in define a number of questions re easements and problems arising with water flowing from an adjoining acreage property causing damage, and Large dead trees full of white ants threatening to fall on our property. the adjacent property is under contract and the potential owners declare not their problem?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The property currently is leased and we have written to the agents who have advised the current owner who does not want to do anything! we have tried to contact him by phone but he refuses to answer our calls in over a year!

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Tallai on the Gold Coast 22A Glenrowan Drive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The house above our property is number 24 and currently leased by a family who claim they are purchasing the property, valued supposedly at $1.3 M They currently have 10 adults and 6 children living there with most on Benefits! They have been living there for approx five years according to neighbours.

3/27/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

There is no solicitor form QLD online.

You need a solicitor that practices in Property Law

The law society of QLD can refer you.

Their website is as follows

https://www.qls.com.au/Home

You can also search online clicking on the Find a Solicitor link on the right side of the site.

What you are describing is private nuisance and the neighbour has to stop it.

Here is some information

https://queenslandlawhandbook.org.au/the-queensland-law-handbook/living-and-working-in-society/neighbourhood-disputes/public-and-private-nuisance/

Any damage done to your property you can seek they pay for it but you have to make sure you do everything in writing.

If you do not know where the owner lives you can apply under freedom of information for his details through council.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor