Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just wanting to know how I may get a refund from a business,

Customer Question
Good Morning Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good Morning

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Just wanting to know how I may get a refund from a business, due to their bad handeling of a situation

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Is there a website, or it has to be Email?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just asked business if I may get a refund:their answer was no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I am asking on my disabled daughter's behalf: I am her Carer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

You will have a claim under the Australian Consumer Law based on the facts that you have described.

What you need to do is to write a formal complaint to the company. This complaint needs to be in a chronological order detailing what is the issue and what action you have taken to try and rectify the matter.

The complaint needs to be in a chronological order with numbered points 1, 2, 3, etc.

The complaint needs to have detailed what you need fixed and for a time limit of a minimum of 14 days to apply.

The complaint then needs to be sent to the dispute resolutions department. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself.

Preferably send the complaint by email.

If you do not receive a reply within 14 days issue a follow up complaint to the first complaint issued.

If no response is received then it is time to commence an action in VCAT.

Would you like to try this option first.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.