Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wish to obtain the forms for a residential property title…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, I wish...

Hello Pearl, I wish to obtain the forms for a residential property title transfer from one owner to dual owners. I currently live in Toowoomba queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We (my mother and I) have been to see a solicitor here tho walked away none the wiser. I understand that there will be stamp duty costs involved. also what does your organisation charge for this session?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Real Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much does the REST cost please? we have aready spent $250

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?

As I said we have been to Wonderly & Hall here in Toowoomba tho found the service completely unsatisfactory. Of course he said that it can be done though inferred that the question elder abuse may be raised! we simply want to transfer the existing title of her home into both names? can I simply download a form and get it signed and witnessed by the appropriate person, lodge it myself and pay duties and tranfer fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Such as?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/27/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

You need to complete a transfer and the form is at the following link

https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/97597/titles-form-1-version5.pdf

You also have to so a from 24

https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/97632/titles-form-24.pdf

They are both lodged with the lands office.

You will have to pay stamp duty on the share transferred if the transfer is not between partners and the house is not the principal place of residence.

I note my colleague has sent a message but seems to be away as 10 minutes have passed since he has sent his first response.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

thankyou Leon

Good Morning,

you're very welcome.

Please do not forget to write my work 5 stars that I can be paid and continue to provide this service.

Thank you for using JustAnswer and if I can be of any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

I don't require any further assistance thankyou

Good Morning

Take care

Regards