Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I havent seen my son who is 7 in about 2 years. I would like…

Good morning. My name...

Good morning. My name is***** havent seen my son who is 7 in about 2 years. I would like to see him, but his mother keeps telling me i can see him on friday, saturday or sunday. The problem is that i have been in hospitality for over 20 years and this is my mid work week. I have offered monday tuesday or wednesday but she said only weekend or give up my job. Two unemployed parents I dont think will be a very wise thing to do. How do I go about getting access to my son?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No. I dont have any representation and I dont know what to file? I'm very much in the dark and dont even know where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I would just love to see my boy. Even if it is supervised visitation. Just anything would be great

3/26/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Leon, Solicitor
Thank you Leon. I'll wait here. I appreciate your time and help.
Phone call session started

Good Afternoon

You should contact your closest family relationship centre. This is a free service provided by the Federal Government. Their website is

http://www.familyrelationships.gov.au

You can find your closest one on there.

The web-site also have alot of useful information and links to assist you.

Before going to court you must obtain a certificate from a family dispute resolution practitioner. You get this through the free service provided at the family relationship centres.

If you need to go to court then you will need to file an application in the Family Court or the Federal Circuit Court

http://www.familycourt.gov.au and http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au

http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/family-law-matters/parenting/recovery-orders/