Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do l go about acquiring a copy of my divorce papers? No…

Customer Question
How do l go...

How do l go about acquiring a copy of my divorce papers?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No l was divorced back about 2000/2002, and am looking at getting remarried

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all I need thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/26/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

yes you can obtain a copy of your divorce papers, this may done through Federal Circuit Court website.

It is a straight forward application process.

The following link will assist you with the Federal Circuit Court with obtaining a copy of the divorce record.

https://eservices.comcourts.gov.au/epod_applications/new

https://eservices.comcourts.gov.au/epod_applications

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.