Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm 76 years old and had most of my bowel removed and a new…

I'm 76 years old...

I'm 76 years old and had most of my bowel removed and a new navel fashioned 8 months ago with Mr ***** ***** I have had many surgeries over the years and never have I met a more Arrogant man in my life ,When he took the bandages off my navel not long after the surgery he said he would check it in 6 months .The receptionist rang and booked me in to see him in March so I drove up from Goolwa Beach in 44 degree heat he came out of his room and stood OUTSIDE his room and told me he didnt' really need to see me ,I was so shocked I replied Don't you even need to see my navel?. He stood towering above me and said ''Show me'' I felt so intimidated and shocked to the point that I found myselflifting my knee length dress up just above my navel exposing my underpants

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mr Moore didn't touch me Sth Australia . I found myself dismissed and had to pay a bill for $90 even though I hadnt been in his room . It took me weeks to tell my GP and my sons as I felt so ashamed , the family had been really worried about me as as was very teary and not myself . Five days later I was rushed to Flinders as My scar tissue had blocked my small bowel . I had at least 15 Surgeons and medical students looking at my tummy the next day and wanted to know what follow up I Was having

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have told my GP and she told me I have to report it she was really horrified as I completely broke down which I hadnt done even during the major Surgury. I am sorry but I'm finding this really hard now and I cant see iroerly for tears I have written to Moores Partner and only posted it yesterday I have been seeing him for 24 years aasI had Bowel cancw=er as well then He is fabulous and we have always got on well

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Gosh I just checked my typing 11I think even Medicare got ripped off as I didnt enter his room I still have a sense of humour But he was an A Hole the whole time I was in hospital no bedside manners at all ,I have looked up a sight where you can complain about Drs and you can tell which are the women asthey say that hes arrogant and one said he should retire and play golf . It made me feel a little better knowing it wasnt just me

3/26/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

Is your GP prepared to give you a detailed report as to what was found, and are you able to apply for your medical records from the hospital?

If you can do this and I would suggest you speak to a no-win no fee solicitor and ascertain whether you are able to be compensated for what he has done.

If they believe that it is not worth seeking compensation, and I would suggest that you want a formal complaint armed with your doctor's report as well as the medical records from the hospital with the Australian medical Association, and if this doctor is a specialist in his field, a formal complaint with the specialist college that he is affiliated with.

I would also send a complaint to medicare and have them note how this Doctor operates and have on file.

You do not have too except being treated like this, and the fact that he failed in his duty of care to check, and a few days later you were rushed to hospital is evidence that he has been negligent.

Firms like Maurice Blackburn, Slater and Gordon and shine lawyers all undertaken negligence and compensation work on a no win no fee basis.

You have a case and I think you should take it further.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor