Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If there is phone line in the rental property who

Customer Question
If there is phone...

If there is phone line in the rental property who responsible to pay for it to be put

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

The phone phone is here now no paper work real estate saids it our responsibility so we are about to pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:*****Horsham vic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

All utilities in rental properties are the responsibility of the tenant. The tenant connects telephone, electricity and gas and any other services they require.

These are the responsibility of the tenant.

If you are renting premises and there is no telephone connected to the premises, you must make sure that the lease is clear that the landlord will provide a telephone connection. If the lease does not say anything like this, then the tenant accepts the premises with all the services that exist and cannot request to the landlord install something that is not there.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards