Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I may have the wrong ombudsman! my question is relating to a…

Hi, i may have...

Hi, i may have the wrong ombudsman! my question is relating to a motorcycle claim

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW, i just want to know from QBE if i can claim on my insurance for an accident a year ago. at the time my wife was on maternity leave and we didn't have the money to pay the excess.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Called QBE several times but i keep getting the run-around. no-one seems able to say yes or no. simple question, is there a statute of limitations on claims?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

we are not the ombudsman but solicitors, and we are able to assist you and guide you on how to try and resolve the problem.

There is no problem making a claim within 12 months.

If the matter was reported to the police, and they have a record of it this is more than enough for you now make a claim.

It product disclosure statement will give you more details about making a claim but you would not be out of time.

You should simply go online or call and make the claim and give the ensure the full details of the accident, if the police were called the event number and any other information they require.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
thank you very much Leon, the information you have provided was very helpful.
I was more than happy to pay the $5 but my phone number would not be accepted and an incomplete field notice prevented me from completing the form.