Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Dishwasher bought 23/3/12 with an added 60month warranty.

Customer Question
Dishwasher bought 23/3/12 with...

Dishwasher bought 23/3/12 with an added 60month warranty. ******* say the warranty started when the dishwasher was purchased and is now ended. many other products were purchased at the same time with 60month warranty. over $7000 was spent. When does warranty end/

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Have called both maker and seller of products who offer no help. I have purchased this house with the products in working order on 20/1/18 and previous owner says the dishwasher was working.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

No paperwork filed just have phoned LG and Harvey Norman.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Victoria lawyer about this?

No. Was hoping to get it settled without extra expense.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am on the aged pension. I have been told by ********* that the law has since changed so that the extra cover starts after the manufacture warranty of 2 years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

If it is an extended warranty, it is from the date the dishwashers manufacturer warranty expired.

The paperwork of the extended warranty should set out this date.

If they are now saying that it is from the date you bought the dishwasher you have been mislead.

Do you have the paperwork for the extended warranty?

Good evening I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney and I will be assisting you with your question. What exactly is the issue?
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago

Good Morning

I am following up my last post

If you still need assistance can you please provide me with the additional information requested.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards