Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just won’t to ask you my son bought me a blu ray HD

Customer Question
Hi Deborah my name...

Hi Deborah my name is***** just won’t to ask you my son bought me a blu ray HD recorder for my birtg

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hi Deborah my nine is Zora I just won’t to ask you my son bought me a Blu ray HD recorder and about two days after the warranty stoped working my husband went with the item and the receipt to the store they told him it’s passed the warranty time and we do not have extended warranty so what we should have done thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing this extually hapend last year we just lifted at that but recently been talking to a friend about it and she suggested for me to get in touch

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what is my Wright’s and if it’s not to late to do something about it thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

Under the Australian consumer laws if a product is faulty then you have a right to have it repaired or replaced or refunded.

Here is the brochure from ACCC for your attention and this applies in all states of Australia.

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Warranties%20and%20refunds%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20and%20business.pdf

Provided that it has not been used in a way that should not be used for you can rely on this and you should refer to this when you speak to the store or the manufacturer again.

If has broken down because of fear wear and tear then it is not covered. But if it is broken down because of a fault then they must under the law rectified.

Depending on the value of the item, it may not be worth taking the matter further but you can take the stall the manufacturer to the tribunal in your relevant state under these laws for compensation for the repair of the item.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards