Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Pearl I communicated with you a few minutes ago and have put…

Customer Question
Pearl...

Pearl I communicated with you a few minutes ago and have put my credit card in and happy to pay but I don't want to join up with a monthly fee and similarly I don't want to use the free trial then opt out . I almost never need legal services so is there anyway I can just pay for this one use. It is literally less than a page.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Opened discussion with you that I just wants a couple of paragraphs of a very simple will checked and then done as you indicated to pay the deposit

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Maybe that I am single /divorced 2 adult children ie no complicated relationships in this estate just being split equally between the two but money into testamentary trusts

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 29 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

I have seen that you are a member and I have asked your membership be cancelled You have offered to pay and the amounts for the original question and this one had been deducted from your credit card. I have asked you be refunded for the first question.

I'm happy to look at the paragraphs, but it would be best if you email them so that they are not available to the public as this is not a private site.

You can email what you want to***@******.***

as soon as I receive it I will respond. When you send the email market to my attention and can you also would in some detail of what you wish to achieve with the clause and then I will get back to you.

I will request that you are refunded to the original question which appears to have gone to another section.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks that is what I wanted - no question just pay for someone to look at a couple of paragraphs. I followed a legal online will making so think rest of wording should be ok plus my will not likely to be contested as beneficiaries already know the details and agree as it is totally equal main thing is cash from super gets taxed so it has to go into my estate not treated separately and if that cash is put in a testamentary trust it also gets taxed I am told so leaving it outside the two testamentary trusts. Hence the paragraphs you will see

Good Afternoon,

it is very difficult to make a will where it cannot be contested.

Generally if you fear that beneficiaries may contest your will, it is in your best interest also draft a very detailed statement explaining the reasons why you have made your will is you have and why you have only left certain legacies to certain beneficiaries. Or in the alternative why you have left out beneficiaries and not lift them anything.

With superannuation, because it is a trust, it is irrelevant what you say in your will is to happen with the superannuation unless you make a binding nomination with the trustee that all your superannuation is to be left to your estate. If that is the case then you will will determine what happens to the superannuation.

You will need to get detailed advice from your account, because if the superannuation goes to a party that is not over the age of 60 or is not a minor, and you have not reached the entitlement age, it will be taxed.

I'm having a look at clause and please email it to me. As soon as I receive it, which may be within 24 hours I will respond to you immediately.

Regards,

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor