Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have arranged through Telstra to move my Internet and and…

Customer Question
I have arranged through...

I have arranged through Telstra to move my Internet and and Home phone to a new address. Foxtel (through Telstra) was to be moved on 17 April. This morning whilst watching Foxtel it was cut off. I have spent about 2 hours talking to Telstra, and/or waiting for case manager's call backs. The person I last spoke to agreed that basically to disconnect Foxtel, it's like, 'the flip of a switch'. Now made a major error and I have been told I can watch Foxtel on my Smartphone or Ipad until it's reswitched on again. BUT, the guy said it has to be booked in like any instaltion and the best they can do is sometime next week. Why must I have to wait a week or more to be re-connected when it was entirely their fault. (Sorry if I have repeated myself, but I am SO angry). To make the matter worse, my wife is sick in bed with pneumonia. So basically all she can do, is watch TV.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have spoken to Telstra 3 times already today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, Telstra are moving my phone and Internet between 10 and 2 today. Although its way past 10 already.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

SO they have cancelled it without your consent and will not make it urgent?

Do you have the details of who you spoke to and also the confirmation of what you have booked in with them for the move and the dates?

This is completely unacceptable and you have a right to be angry.

The last person I spoke to was Armed at Telstra. His number was 1800 721 838
I have pressed 'call me' but no response?

Good Morning

It is not a simple process but this is what you have to follow and the best outcome is a credit or compensation because if the time it will take.

You should make a formal written complain to Telstra setting out what happened form the beginning when you requested the move.

Attach any emails etc that you have.

Then set out what happened after that and detail of who you spoke to and if you can set out the discussion as you best recall it in your complaint.

You then request that they reinstate the service immediately and if they do not then you will seek compensation for not receiving a service you are paying for.

You confirm it is not good enough to say that you can use it on your devices.

You give them 7 days to get this sorted.

You keep a copy of the complaint and make a detailed not of when you sent it.

You can send it by fax or post.

Here is the link

https://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/support/contact-us/make-a-complaint

I suggest fax as you then also have the receipt and it will be received on the day you sent it.

The send the original to them.

If they do nothing then you can take the matter to the ombudsman.

Your complaint will be the majority of your evidence and Telstra will have to explain why they have failed you.

The ombudsman can then make a ruling making sure you receive the correct compensation and credit

The ombudsmans website is as follows

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

This is the best process to follow. If they do not appear by 2 today you add that to the complaint and you call then at 2 on the dot and advise them noone has shown.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards