Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a cousin that wants to come and live in Australia. He…

Customer Question
I have a cousin...

I have a cousin that wants to come and live in Australia. He is 62 years old and receives a good pension from Italy. I am willing to have him stay with me. What are the chances of him being granted residency.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your cousin taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Sorry, wrong country, Im in Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your cousin talked to a lawyer about this?

Not sure but he what steps does he need to do. We talked on the phone and he wanted me to find out from my end

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is still legally married, but separated 5 years now. He is financially In a good position as he gets a very good pension from Italy and has assets aswell.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
This is my initial step, there is no paper work at this stage. Just wanting to know what procedures are required.
3/25/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

It is not that easy

The following visas are available.

The first is not permanent

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/410-

The next is but they have to invest here

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/405-

If he does not earn the $65,000.00 per annum then the first option is the best

But he cannot live here permanently

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards