Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

When Can I take action- Sister in law makes up lies at my…

Customer Question
When Can I take action- Sister...
When Can I take action-
Sister in law makes up lies at my workplace about me - I quit and start new job my sis in law makes a song and dance to my new boss about knowing my work hours so she can avoid the place weeks later she accuses me of smashing her property,
The next time she verbally attacked me at work when I refused to serve her,
She yelled and screamed at me and commented that she had videoed the confrontation, when her complaint went no where she then complained to the top boss,
I left my job now I have begun my new job my sis in law is complaining that I am around her kids and that I am unsafe,
When is this harassment I get she does not like me but back off when Can I have her charged
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.
In relation to your important matter about siss, what you can do is contact your local police station and have a restraining order put into place.The restraining order will stop all the negative conduct occurring to your person.This is the safest way to secure your legal rights.Would you like to consider this option ?

If you need any further information please let know.The law will protect you in this matter.You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.
I have presented them with this information and they believe there is too much time between instances?
I can provide you with a timeline if that helps you?
I am applying for another job is there ways to safe guard me against her I know she will do it again? I am happy to employ a lawyer to work with me on this

The way around this situation is to file for s restraining order directly with the Magistrates Court, as then the issue by passes potential stops. The court will assess the merits of the claim. When you present your claim to the court, you need to present it in affidavit form and they will then take the matter serious.

You have a right to be protected in your personal and work life circumstance. Sometimes when a claim is raised to the police they may not follow through on the same for various reasons as you have explained. Where the facts are presented to the court clearly, they will act immediately on the matter.

Would you like to consider this option ?

If you need any further information please let know.

The law will protect you in this matter