Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got married Landlord breached my lease for an extra

Customer Question
Hi I got married...

Hi I got married Landlord breached my lease for an extra person, number of people on lease was blank. I had chickens for a year landlord new also included in breach. Landlord didn't lodge my bond for 4 yrs. Went he increased my rend wouldn't let me make up money to RTA. Gave me 14 days notice to move I still have a year on my lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Weeks in advance on rent. Keep the house and yard totally clean

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No Ive paid for most of upkeep taps roof leaking garage n courtyard. Last two occasions pest and aerial falling of roof asked landlord to fix he said I was an inconvenience Terms I pay rent n water i dog

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all documentation from landlord that was never complete, id never rented so i was very naive I can attach all documentation I have via email. I got married to an indigenous man that when my landlord after 4 years became malicious. My Husbands mother died n we got her dog 17yrs old. I got rid of everything on breach except my husband. We have 7 days to find somewhere to live. I paid all monies via internet banking

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/25/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

What state are you in and when was the notice given and how much time has he given you?

Did the lease say you could not have pets?