Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My question is my ex partner has a car we bought rego in her…

Customer Question
Hi. my question is...

Hi. my question is my ex partner has a car we bought rego in her name finance in mine she is trying to sell it is she allowed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/25/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.
In relation to your important matter, as you have the finance in your name, you are recommended to register your legal interest on the Personal Property Security’s Register, known as the PPSR.By registering your interest on the ppsr you are securing your legal entitlement to the property.You are also informing all interested parties in the vehicle that you have a superior right over the car ownership.You can register your interest on the ppsr online. It will only take a short time to process around 30 minutes.Securing your legal rights this way protects your legal interest.Would you like to consider this option ?

If you need any further information please let know.The law will protect you in this matter.You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.