Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I lost my opal card I've used in Sydney. The last time I…

I lost my opal...

I lost my opal card I've used in Sydney. The last time I used it, it had a negative balance after I swiped it at the airport exit gate. It has been unregistered as far as I remember.Is there a possibility that the law would catch up to me for that? Also, will there be legal consequences as soon as I leave Australia (for further information: I am on a working holiday in Australia?).

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Australian lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Online search

3/25/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

You have nothing to worry about.

It is not a criminal offence.

If you have not registered the card they have no knowledge of who you are.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor