Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What does a cancelled title mean? I looked up a title that…

Customer Question
What does a cancelled...

What does a cancelled title mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

I looked up a title that was recently sold and it says title cancelled, does that mean a new title has been issued to new owners?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Melbourne Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just a basic question. Regarding what a cancelled title means?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/25/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Cancelled tittle means that the paper title is no longer valid, and the Digital title has taken precedent.

All paper titles in Victoria have been changed to digital titles during 2017.

What this means is where a person holds a paper title, actual paper, that title is no longer valid, cancelled, and has been changed to a digital title.

Digital title means online in digital format.

If you need any further information please let know.

The law will protect you in this matter.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.