Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am in Mosman, NSW. My family has POW over me, obtained…

Hello. I am in...

Hello. I am in Mosman, NSW. My family has POW over me, obtained when they found I am sending money to what they think is a young man,/scammer.....I have stopped sending him money, but want to do so again. Can my family obtain all my account info from pay pay by legal means...they can at the bank.??

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a New South Wales lawyer about this?

I was overwhelmed when they did this and did not have a lawyer and still do not. and, husband does not want divorce (costly!), nor me to get a lawyer. I just need to know his rights to see my pay pal information/a/c...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have taken no steps. I would not know where to start. And, if I did so, they would take me to court to stop me because they convinced the court for POW that I am not stable. omg I am....80 y.old

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, I have kept paypal secret and still want to....but don't know the law, whether the family can obtain the statements,etc..to find out if I send funds now, still, for three years.

3/24/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

POW? Can you please let me know what you mean?

Oh, I am sorry, am distressed........Power Of Attorney..........
am sorry, I can't afford a phone call..........Vivian

The Power of Attorney does not take your rights away.

It simply allows them to do what you can do.

Are you sure they have a power of Attorney and not an order that they are your financial managers?

Did they get it from NCAT?

They and their lawyer went to Court and it is a Power of Attorney. They convinced the court of my inability to make decsions. On top of that, prior to court, 'he' brought home a form I signed under
great duress when 'he' said to me that I have alzhimers (not) and MUST sign over via the form, which they took to court, and got the POA. He goes into ANZ and is permitted to see all
transactions on my visa and out of the chq/svgs a/c, but, he does pay my rent, insisted I get out of that apt, I live alone, he pays 2,600/month cash to me as well as the rent, and is very
helpful. He just wants the sending to Austria, btw, now UK, any/all monies. I have agreed, not in writing, to not send, but, of course, a crises in UK needs funds, and I'm very unable ALMOST to
refuse, but........I am not sending as before.........this is a one-ff, but only if I am safe re paypal , who don't say to whom the payment is made...ideal for me.......so I need to know of 'he' can get
into my paypal a/c to see allllllllllllll, $50K over 3 years, omg.................ok...........sending now.............thank you for being here fore me.........V.
p.s. I was not represented in Court. Didn't even understand what it was I signed. I just was a fait accompli.

It is an order form NCAT and they have the control of your finances.

If you want to have it removed you have to make another application.

You can apply to vary the order or set it aside.

http://www.ncat.nsw.gov.au/Pages/ncat_decisions/set_aside_or_vary_decision.aspx

Get yourself a solicitor to assist.

This is your best position.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Thank you, ***** ***** I know about obtaining an order to overturn the POA, but have been told I'd be a fool to try, b/c they have the evidence that I DO / DID send $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and
can assure me I'd not be allowed to overturn. What you said about paypal is crucial, obviously, b/c, the status is that 'he' believes me that I don't send to UK and that is the truth, I do not.
But, this crises there UK has him asking again..........well, what you say stops me ...... J.A.,husband, can get into papal too, and, has respected my wishes that he does not do that, b/c
I, all of us, need paypal......and they'd close my a/c.........and it is a risk I dare not take. Also, J.A. is strong about his 'hard earned money".....former CEO XEROX,omg....and would
fight me in court rather than remove the poa.......it is his way to control what is rightfully his/and mine, but not for me to send to a complete stranger. OK, I know now. Thank you so
much. I'll rate you, etc.........and am so grateful. Vivian

Good Evening

It is the same.

If the money that you send from paypal is coming out of your account they will know

I would not be sending any money to anyone unless you know them.

The UK does not have a crisis. They have a good economy and are doing well.

Just be careful.

All the best and good luck.

Regards

It's 'his' crises, ongoing 3 years, maybe all lies............and, it is time to stop forever for all the reasons you say and my family says.....of course, I can't prove him/u.k. a scammer: much too
slippery to be proven/found out, very good at his game. I must stop. Thanks for thoughts, good wishes.....listening. You've helped enormously. Cheers. where do I 'rate' you on the site here,
please.
Vivian

Good Evening

There should be stars that you select and rate my work at the top near the finish button or a submit button

This is what I understand.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thanks, ***** ***** see the stars and a submit button, will do that now. Thank you again, very much. Of course, when I read what I wrote, it astounds me, too..........! lol. Vivian
signing out after rating you 5*........Cheers.

All the best and thank you

Regards