Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to know the legalities if loaning a vehicle in

I want to know...

I want to know the legalities if loaning a vehicle in Queensland.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None yet, I want to know how to do this legally.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Hi
3/24/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

To legally loan a vehicle there are two ways this can occur; there can be an implied agreement, thats is without writing, or a formal agreement which is written. Where you are loaning a vehicle for a commercial purpose, a written contract should be in place to protect both parties. You should also ensure that the insurance on the vehicle also covers third parties under an implied loan and commercial basis.

If you need any further information please let know.

The law will, protect you in this matter.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Thank you