Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My enquires is in relation to the rights of tenants who's…

Customer Question
My enquires is in...

My enquires is in relation to the rights of tenants who's property they are leasing was sold late last year but have not entered a new agreement with the new owners of the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Rosemeadow, NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None as this has only reared its ugly head because of an eviction notice!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes! The realestate owner thinks it's ok to attend the property without the required notice, repairs to the property have not been seen too, they continue to harass me on my phone for money, also the manager of the business has called me 'common'.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/24/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Under the residential tenancy Act the landlord is required to provide reasonable notice to the tenant before entering into the property.

you are correct with what you are saying, the landlord os doing the wrong thing by harassing you on the telephone and attempting to or entering the property without prior written notice in advance.

this conduct by the agent breaches the regulations.

it does not matter whether you are a month to month tenant or fixed term, the agent must not act in a negative way.

your legal recourse is to file for urgent proceedings at NCAT.

you can file an application online with NCAT website.

it is an easy process to do and based on the facts you have provided you will be protected.

the law will protect in this important matter.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.