Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been divorced for 4 years and I have recently been…

I have been divorced...

I have been divorced for 4 years and I have recently been told that my name may

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry didnt finish what I wanted to say .

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Im in victoria, I have found out that my name may still be on as a share holder on a company .I was wanting to sell my share but was wondering because I have remarried am I able to do this as my name has since changed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not at this stage

3/24/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Yes you will be able to sell the shares in the company even if there is a former name that you used. You just need to show that your name was changed, which can be done by birth certificate and then marriage certificate, and your legal right to transfer the ownership of the shares will be valid under a shareholders transfer contract.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Thankyou so much for your help .
So do I need now to go to a solicitor in person to start things moving ?