Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If your employees has put in a workers compensation for

If your employees has...

If your employees has put in a workers compensation for stress and accuse the mgr of bullying, was does this mean to the mgr?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the accusation with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

HR is completing the WC form now

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does the employee belong to a union?

HR is saying that nothing may come out of this as the employee had 1 conselling session prior due do not performing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No employee does not belong to Union

3/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

in this particular circumstance the manager will be investigate for their actions towards the employee of concern.

if a claim is made under the fair work Act, Fair Work assess the employer as a whole and not just as an individual.

if the employer is to be liable for bullying, penalties will apply against the employer. The manager will most likely require certain assessments in relation policies and procedures.

it does not matter whether the employee is part of the union or not

Fair Work will assess all parties involved in the issues that are raised.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

How long will this go on for?

the investigation by fair work can take up to 3 months depending on the level of facts that are available

John Melis, Lawyer