Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am. Nsw. I got hearing coming up for domestic Violence I…

Hi Nsw Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hi Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Hi I got hearing coming up for domestic Violence I got Strangled by my ex

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But I am scared as if he represents himself questions me as I don’t want to be in same room but I have to give evidence as I lived with a cycle of abuse for 4 years . As first I had an avo for him but it didn’t go till hearing as he made me withdraw it later in the track he broke my leg and lied to police reported about but it didn’t go to hearing but violence got worse ,I moved away so many times he comes and treats me worse after couple of weeks being mr nice .this time a friend had to call police to save me I got hospital reports but I have changed my address my car rego all contacts but I want the avo as I don’t want him any where near me so I don’t knw how I am going to face him to give evidence

As he knows the system and very manipulative as previously he used to hit me and when I tried to defend myself he used to record and tell people that I am crazy violent person . As I he told me no one will believe me as he will get away with even if he killed me so I do not want to communicate with him in court
3/23/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Thank you

first and foremost the court will protect. Psychological abuse is well recognised under the Family Law Act and the magistrate (judge) will be able to clearly see the signs of the negative conduct that has occurred. The prosecutor (police) will support and defend your rights. The legal aid solicitor on duty at the court will also support you as well.

Our society frowns upon domestic violence and your legal rights are of the utmost importance.

The magistrate will never let your former partner hurt you any any way.

Be positive the law is on your side to protect you.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you need.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.

John Melis, Lawyer
Thank you
5 Star

you are most welcome

calling now

Good morning John
Court hearing on Thursday didn’t go well as I am in so much shock and as it’s adjourned for June .
I got cross examined by his lawyer and I did ask my police officer incharge if they going to talk about previous incidents where my ex tried to frame as he knows the system .i was so much humiliated as I am a lier and all my medical reports is a lie and police prosecutor didn’t even object to anything his lawyer questioned me , I am so lost how can I fight alone to get justice done as lived with violence and now it’s worse for me as they digging every thing twisting around me ,
I am so confused as do I need a Lawyer to represent me now as people are saying I don’t need a lawyer as police is representing me but even with all the evidence how am I protected .
Any thoughts or suggestions will be kindly appreciated.
I am emotionally so disturbed from Thursday .
Regards *****

Shayren, I suggest it is appropriate for you to engage a lawyer to assist you.

Thank you

you are welcome