Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just liquidated a company but in my haste didn't organise…

Customer Question
I just liquidated a...

I just liquidated a company but in my haste didn't organise my telephone numbers to be transferred out of the comapany Bill. The liquidator now has control of my bill and phone numbers - mobiles have been disconnected - land line is still working but in his control.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Perth Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Before the company was liquidated - I the sole director resolved to sell the numbers and the goodwill of the company to me personally - An invoice was raised and was paid by reduction of the Directors Loan account.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So really - I own it - just that it wasn't transferred over

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Attached are the minutes of a meeting and the invoice that was paid - effectively transferring the numbers to me.As I said - I didn't actually transfer them and now the liquidator has control of my Telstra Account.How can I get the numbers back in my name?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

The Liquidator does not have to honour the agreement and has the power to reverse it.

I am sorry but there is very little that can be done.

You can request that the liquidator honour the agreement and transfer the numbers but they do not have to.

The liquidators job is to look after all creditors and try and make sure that any transactions that benefit certain creditors over others are reversed.

Even if you had transferred then they could have claimed them back if there was not consideration paid and it was not an arms length transaction.

You have to speak with the liquidator and discuss the transaction and reach an agreement.

I am sorry I cannot tell you anything more positive.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards