Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I found my husband has a relationship with another woman for…

I found my...

I found my husband has a sexual relationship with another woman for 4 months, recently he admit. I have they email chat etc evident to approve adultery, can I put them in the court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We live in VIC, but she is in indonesia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet, my husband ask to forgive him, and want to come back to me but that affair woman wont let him go , keep email him and blackmail him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband work in Indonesia, now I stay with him, but we don't know what to do, that woman keep disturb us.

3/23/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon,

unfortunately you cannot take them to court and sue them for adultery.

If the marriage is over, you can apply for a divorce provided you are separated for a period of 12 months.

But what they have done is not illegal, and there is no charges or action you can take against them for compensation.

I suggest if the woman is calling and harassing you and your husband, you can consider taking out an intervention order against her to stop her from contacting you and if it does, then she has committed a criminal offence.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor