Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ive initiated mediation to try to get access to see my

Customer Question
Hi ive initiated mediation...

Hi ive initiated mediation to try to get access to see my daughter and they called me yesterday as said that mediation has failed due to their servies now being sutible for my situation im wondering what i should do now

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

Nothing she moved 700kms away and when i got a new partner she stopped letting my see her and said if i am to see her they need to be supervised visits but no court paperwork or vros or fros

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/23/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

if mediation has failed the next step is to commence formal parenting negotiations with a lawyer, and if that also fails then Family Court proceedings needed be started.

Generally, once a lawyer starts communicating with the other-side lawyer, a parenting plan is agreed upon and consented / chopped by the court.

this process will be the most cost effective than full court proceedings.

would you like to consider this aspect first before filing for court proceedings ?

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.