Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm enquiring for my boarder who is currently at work. He…

Customer Question
I'm enquiring for my...

I'm enquiring for my boarder who is currently at work. He needs to appear at Brisbane magistrates Mon 26/3/18 for commital crossover?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

He's pleading guilty and is expected to appear on 26/3/18 He has been given the opportunity to go away for his work for possibly a week at Dubacca Qld to learn more about the job we have helped him get. I have kept his legal issues private he could lose this job if the principal owners find out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Queensland lawyer about this yet?

No was on the phone to Legal Aid for over 30 min gave up came here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I/we get this adjourned until his return? He's doing very well here and at his work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Since residing at my house he has really been working hard on doing the right thing and staying out of trouble and away from the wrong crowd. He has shown excellent work ethic and his bosses are very impressed. He has qualified for handling large chainsaws and saftey. Work would now like to take him inland and introduce him to the logging aspects of the business
3/23/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

Thank you. I hope it's OK for me to enquire for and advocate for him. Have been supporting him since first appearance
NO I don't want to call. I'm low income. I can't even afford this.

do you have any written reply you can upload ?

What do you mean written reply? This is why we are conversing now!

I am assessing and will advise

No forget it. Seriously NOT impressed. I'll call the magistrates court and see if I can get this adjourned without him breaking conditions or losing a bloody good job prospect. How do I get my $64 refunded please???

I am drafting a reply now for you

I'm on disability and a single Mum. This boy was homeless now I'm being ripped by an Australian Lawyer on an American site.

you can have the hearing adjourned, there is paper to complete this process do you need help with this ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you.

your border has a right to protect his employment position and the court will understand this situation if it is presented correctly in a leave application with a supporting affidavit.

But as the hearing is on Monday, prompt action will be required. Alternatively, this leave can be applied for on the day of hearing.

I can't pull anymore out of my account John my PayPal is empty and I am on a rigid budget. I can't afford default in my bank account.
I will call Brisbane magistrate and see what I can do.

Ok understand.

I would like to help your border and you in this situation.

The next step you need to do is obtain leave form from the court and prepare an affidavit in support.

you need to submit the request by writing, calling the court will not change the hearing time

are you able to attend to the court today ?

if you not you can submit the forms online by email,

you can get the forms of the court website under the forms section.

did I answer your important question today ?

He left for work 4:00am won't be back till late. I'm doing this for him. He is only 19 still wears the Peter Pan hat on occasion

ok
what you can do is go the magistrates court website and select the forms

and then use the forms to submit to the court.

this is the correct and quickest way to handle the matter

don't know yet matey work in progress. Wow seriously!!!!����

yes, the whole process must be done in writing to justify to the court why the delay is needed.

here is the link for you

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/about/forms

have I answered your important question today ?

Kinda I actually have to email general registry at courthousebrisbane email. Just spoke with a young lady who advised me plus supplied email address.
I'm sorry Mr Melis I was provided with more appropriate information to a direct linkfor no cost. I am far from satisfied with this site and it's sneaky extra costs. I do hope you receive some form of commission but I won't be giving positive feedback. Have a lovely weekend. Karen

Karen thank you for the reply. As you appreciate speaking on the phone with urgent matters can resolve the matter quickly. I am here to help you and if you have more questions, I'm happy to answer any follow up questions. I strive for excellent service, and I would love to have the opportunity to provide you with what you need here.