Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently purchased new hearing aids. The sales agreement…

Customer Question
Recently purchased new hearing...

Recently purchased new hearing aids. The sales agreement allowed 55 days return time without penalty. The issue is they have not been satisfactory and have for the last 18 days been sent back to the supplies for repairs. Question is can I expect that 18 days extension on my contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state/territory are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

I go back for final fittings Monday 26th

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/22/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

Were they faulty?

Or were they not suitable for your needs?

The contract return date will not be extended unless the supplier agrees and you need to get it in writing.

Make sure you ask for the extension in the return date and have them confirm it in writing.

If they are faulty you are also covered by the Australian Consumer Laws

Here is the link of what they are

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

They were faulty from the first fitting. Australia hearing were advised of the problem on their follow up call within the first week after fitting

Good Afternoon,

if there were faulty from the very beginning, you have a right to request that they give you a replacement or a refund.

You make sure that they are aware that these were faulty and the strain consumer laws will continue to apply if the same fault exists.

You have rights under the Australian consumer laws but you must make sure that any agreement you have with them about extending the return policy is in writing.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

Thanks Leon. Cheers

Good Afternoon

All the best and good luck

Please do not forget to rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid and continue to provide my service.

Regards