Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work 4hrs in a second hand shop and they are asking for…

Customer Question
I work 4hrs in...

I work 4hrs in a second hand shop and they are asking for certificate on working with children and a police check,is this right as I don't work with children

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw mid north coast

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None as I don't think it is right, for the work that I do

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/23/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

if there are no children that attend the premises of the shop this type of conduct is discriminatory against you and you raise a claim against the employer under the Fair Work Act.

I recommend that you try to mediate with the employer, and where the employer refuse you raise a claim under the Fair Work Act with the Ombudsman.

the law will protect you in this important matter.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.