Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wondering if i can get some suport on gettng a visa to…

Customer Question
Hi i am wondering...

Hi i am wondering if i can get some suport on gettng a visa to australia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the U.S. government?

I want a visa to australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No this is the first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just information and advice

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/22/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 4 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Morning

What is the issue and what visa do you wish to apply for?

Are you wanting to come as a tourist?

What passport do you hold?

Hi, I am wanting a work and travel visa
I hold a british passport

Good evening

Do you want a working holiday visa?

Or a temporary work visa as you have found a job here?

Hi I want a working holiday visa in Australia, I am wondering if there are any requirements? I will be living with my girlfriend.I do have a British passport, I am also a dual citizenship from Sri Lanka

It is a 417 visa

Here is the link from the department

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/417-

You would be best to use your UK citizesnship it will be easier.

Your girlfriend will have to make her own application.

The link is very detailed about the requirements and you can start the process there.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Hi my girlfriend has an aus passport, I will be living with her, and after my two year visa is up, how would I go around extending it? I believe that it’s a requirement to live with her for 1 year?

Good Morning

Ok in that case she is ok

Once you get the visa they allow it to be extended.

You can extend it when here.

But there is only one extension allowed.