Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife stabbed me five years ago (NSW). The police and

My wife stabbed me...

My wife stabbed me five years ago (NSW). The police and ambulance attended. My wife was arrested and with malicious wounding with intent. I was the only witness and agreed with the charge. My wife (during next days) convinced me to change my statement enough so that I basically said " I'm not fully sure it happened like that.i could have fallen". So even though the knife was found by police (hidden in a nearby drain) , they had to revoke the charge. Now...after I have suffered years of physical financial and emotional abuse i have decided to change say that it was true that she stabbed me (among other things). What do you think will happen? BTW various local police have indicated that she is known as being unstable and a lier.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a New South Wales lawyer about this?

I have to use legal aid. There are criminal AND civil issues. I have kept a journal of events. I have no money. She has been defrauding the Housing Comm. She used all my money including my superannuation. And used a faulty DV claim ( the police even apologized to me but said if she calls first,even if I'm the victim, and makes a claim against me, they are obliged to arrest me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

How do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lots and lots and lots. I am on bail right now because of another false claim so I can't see my daughter who loves me and hates it when I'm forced away. My absence and inactivity allows my wife to borrow money on the mortgage. To pay for various illegal activities. I NEED HELP. I live poverty alone. Her false accusations have had me arrested five times at least. She has broken my nose ruptured one of my eardrums, bashed me often yet I'm the problem apparently. She destroyed my cameras and phones because I had pictorial and sonic evidence of her behaviour so now it's basically her word against mine.

3/22/2018
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

The situation is extremely complex. I will call you in five minutes John, is that ok?

from what you are explaining you are wanting to see more of your daughter.

what I suggest you may try is to file an initiating application in the Family Court for parenting orders.

the court will assist you to gain more positive visitation rights to your daughter on a regular basis.

you can run the action in the Family Court yourself.

on the Family Court website there are very good help menu's

would you like to tri this option ?

yes I am ready to take your call when you are free

Are you there John?

yes

Every single possession has gone. I'm trying to call but it's not reponding

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone, please look, it will help you.

John Melis, Lawyer

numbers are displayed