Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to apply for a Misconduct restraining order on a

I want to apply...

I want to apply for a Misconduct restraining order on a couple. We used to be close friends. However the Mr. Redman has laid a false accusation against me at school and my husband at the cricket club. Mr. Redman has been harassing me at the school car park where he approached my car after i drove away and then banged on my car window. My husband is FIFO. I tried to get a VRO but the judge declined it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have harassment charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No harassment charges i went straight for the VRO.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the harassment occur?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On Thursday the 8 March I received a very threatening WhatsApp message
from Mr. Redman (please see attached) stating that I should stay away from
his family and he will speak to me at school, he also stated that he laid a
complaint against me at the school.
I then received a very abusive text message from Mrs. Redman (please see
attached) stating false information about an incident that happened that
morning at QBC (Quinns Baptist Collage). Stating that “I am immature and
that not everything is about me”. Please note that neither Mr nor Mrs
Redman where close to me during this so called incident. Mrs Redman was at
Kingsway Christian Collage her place of work and Mr. Redman was at the year
1 class a good 500 meters away.
Once I received these text messages I phoned my husband and explained to
him what happened that morning.
The incident:
On Thursday morning 8 March at 8am I arrived at school and after parking
my car I walked my son to his class. This hardly ever happens as I usually
drop and pick my son up at the drop off zone. But this year I am the class
rep and I had arranged with a mom to drop some clothes off, and another
mom I was lending clothes too. (Please find text messages attached)
At this stage Joshua Redman (the son) walked passed Nathan and myself and
one of the boys I was speaking too. They then walked together and I saw
that Nathan and Joshua were talking.
Please keep in mind that both boys had just trialled for districts cricket and
the parents got an email the night before stating wether their son had got in
or not. Joshua had been asking Nathan every day that week if he (Nathan)
had made it into districts.
I then looked to my right after I finished giving one of the boys their
clothes and Joshua was looking straight at me. I then started trying to fix
the zip on my son’s school bag and heard Joshua shouting “NO I DIDN’T GET
IN” in a very aggressive manner.I know for a fact that Joshua was shouting at me, because of the words he
used and because he was talking to Nathan. But most importantly is because
this was not the first time that it has happened. Previously he had spoken
very rudely to me stating that the boys had the same wicket keeper gloves.
Again this incident happened when no parents where around and caught me
off guard and only later did I realise how threatening his tone was.
After I received the text messages from both Mr and Mrs Redman, I phoned
one of the moms who caught my eye where Joshua was standing. After
talking to her she reinforced to me that I was not rude, mean, abusive,
shouting or acting disrespectful to Joshua. I then phoned my husband and on
his advice I then went to the school to find out about the complaint that was
laid against me.
At about 2:00pm I went to the student office and the ladies thought I was
making a joke when I told them someone laid a complaint against me. Then
one of the admin girls went to the Dept Principle Mrs. Jurgence. The dept
principle was not aware of any complaint laid against me. I then proceeded to
tell her the full story and her advice was not to respond to the text
messages and that the school would keep an eye on the boys. She said that at
the end of the year I should request that they boys been in separate classes.
At about 2:15 I left the school, I knew Mr. Redman would approach me at my
car because of the attached text. I decided to go home and fetch Nathan as
late as possible.
When I got home I received a phone call from the school Principle Mrs.
Maulzer at 2:20pm. She then stated that the complaint she got and the
message she got from the Dept Principle was two different stories. I then
listened to what she had to say.
At 2:25pm when I got to the school drop off zone, Mr. Redman was waiting
for me at this stage my husband was on the phone with me, as I entered the
school I continued to drive and he was acting in a very harassing manner. I
decided to drive around the block and again when Mr. Redman saw me he
started walking to my car and agai

3/22/2018
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Evening

You may have to aim for a Misconduct Restraining order.

Here is some information from Legal Aid WA

https://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InformationAboutTheLaw/DomesticandOtherViolence/MisconductRestrainingOrders/Pages/Default.aspx

The behaviour you are reporting is misconduct.

If he is spreading lies about you and the people he is telling are prepared to come forward you may have a claim for defamation as well.

But the Misconduct restraining order is the way for you to move.

If you wish to have a phone call to discuss this in more detail please elect a call or I can send you a request.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. You rating my work 5 stars allows me to continue to provide a service to those who require it.

I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Let me know if I have answered your question today.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor