Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

As the proprietor of a small medium size business about 30%

Customer Question
Hello, Lawyer's Assistant: Hello...

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

As the proprietor of a small medium size business about 30% or our debtors have put us on 60> day payment terms and this is having a significant impact on the business cash flows.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Nsw and no at this stage. Minister for small business Craig Lundy suggested we speak with the ombudsman for advise

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No. Not sure how to handle this matter without loosing the respective customer business.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
3/22/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will answer your question today, and ask various questions to narrow the issues in your post raised.

yes you can speak with the Ombudsman, but one of the positive ways to work with debtors is to enter into short term agreements to accept payments in smaller amounts, as this will allow cash flow to come in.

this is positive way many businesses operate todays society with a tight clash flow.

all that is requires is a simple form agreement.

another point you can consider in conjunction with this agreement is taking part payments by credits.

If you need any further information please let know.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this supports me helping the community, and thank you for using Just Answer.